EFFECTIVE AUGUST 5, 2019
Hivium is an information technology service provider. Headquartered in Pune, Maharashtra. We provide web hosting solutions including dedicated servers and virtual private servers to our customers (“Services”). Hivium has data center locations in Lansing, MI, Phoenix, AZ, and Amsterdam, NL.
SCOPE OF POLICY
- Customers – Individuals who register, on their own, or on behalf of an entity, to use Hivium Services with the creation or administration of a Hivium account.
- Event/Marketing Participants – Individuals who provide their information to Hivium when they register for Hivium webinars, subscribe to marketing material, participate in surveys or contests, or attend other Hivium events.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Hivium asks for your account information which includes your name, email address, physical address, phone number, credit card information, and website domain. By voluntarily providing Hivium with your account information, you represent that you own and consent to our use of such personal data.
Hivium may ask for your name, email address, physical address, and phone number. Participation in events, surveys, contents, or subscribing to marketing material is voluntary and you may choose whether or not to participate and therefore disclose this personal data.
At your option, Hivium asks and may collect your name, email address, physical address, and phone number. In addition, we also collect information such as web server logs, internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, or other information as part of aggregated data.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
Hivium uses the information it collects about you in the following ways:
- To respond to any requests from you regarding sales and support.
- To contact you regarding any agreements or accepted terms that you may have with Hivium for the Services.
- To provide you with marketing emails, special offers, advertising campaigns, or newsletters.
- To provide you with information logs associated with the use of Hivium’s Services.
- To contact you regarding functionality changes to our Services or Website.
- To develop new features and functionality to our Services and Website.
- To collect payment and bill for our Services.
- To help personalize searches.
- To diagnose problems.
- To find and prevent fraud.
- To register your domain and IP address through ARIN (American Registry for Internet Numbers).
- To carry out other purposes as disclosed to you through the Website, or found in terms or an agreement between you and Hivium.
- Process for other purposes for which we obtain your consent.
HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
Hivium shares the information it collects about you in the following ways:
- Advertising – Based on the cookies and other tracking devices, we may work with advertising companies to display ads that may be of interest to you.
- Business Transactions – To provide information to a third party in the event of any disposition of all or any portion of our business (e.g. reorganization, sale, assignment, bankruptcy).
- Aggregated or De-identified Data – We may disclose or use aggregated or de-identified information with third-party providers for research purposes relating to our Services.
- As Required by Law or Similar Investigations – To comply with legal obligations (e.g. subpoena) or investigate potential legal violations. Hivium may be required to share personal data in response to lawful requests from public authorities including to meet national security and/or law enforcement requirements.
- Safety – We may disclose your information to protect and defend the safety of Hivium in connection with investigating and preventing fraud or security issues.
- Consent – Hivium may share your information with your consent.
You may unsubscribe from receiving promotional or marketing emails from Hivium at any time by using the “Unsubscribe” link in the email received, or by emailing us at [email protected]. As outlined in the Section, Information We Collect, you can also control your cookie settings.
With respect to your account information, you may update, correct, or delete information that you provided to us by logging into your Hivium account or contacting us at [email protected].
DATA RETENTION AND SECURITY
When Hivium no longer has a legitimate business need (e.g. termination of a Customer agreement) to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it.
Hivium takes all reasonable steps to protect information received from you from loss, misuse, or unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and/or destruction. We maintain technical, physical, and administrative safeguards to secure your information, and we use industry-standard Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption for your data that is transferred over the internet. Despite its use of encryption, Hivium cannot guarantee any method of transmission of information over the internet is 100% secure. If you have any questions about the security of your personal information, please contact us at [email protected]
LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING PERSONAL INFORMATION
For individuals in the EEA, Hivium’s legal basis for collecting and using your personal information will depend on the personal information collected and the specific context in which we collect it. Hivium will process personal information from you where, a) we have your consent to do so, b) where processing is necessary for Hivium to perform Services pursuant to an agreement, or c) where processing is in our legitimate interests. and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information, or may otherwise need personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person. At any time, you have the right to withdraw or decline consent. If you do not provide the requested information, Hivium will not be able to perform Services for you. Also, you have the right to object where we rely on our legitimate interests to process your personal information.
Hivium is an Indian company and stores your information in its data centers in the United States or, in limited cases, in India. Hivium may transfer your personal information to countries other than the country in which you live. Whenever Hivium transfers personal information originating from the EEA or Switzerland to other countries not deemed adequate under applicable data protection law, it will do so on the basis of the Privacy Shield Frameworks or EU Standard Contractual Clauses.
Hivium remains responsible and liable under the Privacy Shield Principles if third-party agents that it engages to process personal data on its behalf do so in a manner inconsistent with the Principles unless Hivium proves that it is not responsible for the event giving rise to the damage.
In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, Hivium commits to resolve complaints about your privacy and our collection or use of your personal information transferred to the United States pursuant to Privacy Shield. European Union and Swiss individuals with Privacy Shield inquiries or complaints should first contact Hivium at the contact information in the “Contact Us” section below.
Hivium has further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the Privacy Shield Principles to an independent dispute resolution mechanism, the BBB EU PRIVACY SHIELD. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed, please visit the BBB EU Privacy Shield website for more information and to file a complaint. This service is provided free of charge to you.
If your Privacy Shield complaint cannot be resolved through the above channels, under certain conditions, you may invoke binding arbitration for some residual claims not resolved by other redress mechanisms. See Privacy Shield Annex 1.
DATA SUBJECT RIGHTS
Individuals located in the EEA may have additional statutory rights available to them with respect to their personal information, including the right to access your personal information, have it erased, have it corrected, or object to or restrict processing. If you would like to make such a request, please email [email protected] and we will respond within thirty (30) days. Hivium will need to verify that the individual is inquiring about his/her own information before we can assist with the request.
We will comply with such requests to the extent legally required by applicable law or the EU-US or Swiss-US Privacy Shield. For EU individuals, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
Our Website and/or Services are not directed at children and our services are designed for businesses. We do not knowingly collect information from or about children under 13 years of age, and the use of our services by children under 13 years of age is forbidden.
201, Mango Nest Commercial
Sinhagad Road, Pune,
Maharashtra, India – 411041
Email – [email protected]
Hivium is a Fully Managed Hosting Platform designed to exceed the needs of media, business, and every customer alike. We help everyone with the best Managed Hosting Solution for their business.
@ 2018-2020 Hivium – #1 Managed Hosting Provider. All right reserved.