Hardware Replacement Service Level Agreement – Dedicated Services Only
Hivium guarantees that in the event of a dedicated server hardware failure, the faulty hardware will be replaced, in most cases, within 8 hours of identifying the problem. In the event that this guarantee is not met, Hivium will issue a credit for two times the actual amount of additional downtime recorded by service monitoring logs. The amount of compensation may not exceed the customer’s monthly recurring charge. This guarantee does not include the time it requires to perform additional software related maintenance, including rebuilding web accounts from backups, cloning hard drives, reloading the operating system, reloading and configuring applications, or rebuilding RAID arrays.
Network Uptime Service Level Agreement – For all Services
Hivium guarantees network uptime to be 100%. This guarantee assures that all major routing devices within our network are reachable from the global internet 100% of the time.
Network SLA Exclusions
Many possible situations are completely beyond the control of Hivium, and therefore are not in the scope of this SLA. These situations include:
- Scheduled Network Maintenance – occasionally network maintenance will be required. Hivium will do everything possible to minimize and avoid downtime during this maintenance. You will receive prior notification of upcoming maintenance at the e-mail address we have on file. Scheduled maintenance periods are not eligible for SLA credits.
- Hardware Maintenance – on rare occasions, the hardware in your Dedicated Server, Vritual Private Server, and cPanel Hosting may need maintenance or replacement. Hivium will do everything possible to minimize any downtime in these situations per our hardware replacement SLA. Any downtime incurred as a result of this maintenance will not be counted towards our network SLA.
- Software Maintenance – an important part of managing a Dedicated Server, Vritual Private Server, and cPanel Hosting is keeping the software up to date. If Hivium manages your server, occasional software updates will be required to address security or performance issues. Usually, you will experience little or no downtime in these situations, but we cannot guarantee a specific amount of time in all situations.
- Malicious Attacks – if a third party not associated with Hivium initiates a “Denial of Service” or other forms of disabling attack against your Dedicated Server, Vritual Private Server, and cPanel Hosting or major portions of our network, Hivium will do everything in its power to stop the attack, but cannot guarantee a resolution time.
- Legal Actions – In the case that legal action is taken against a customer of Hivium and Hivium is required to act in accordance with the order, Hivium shall not be responsible for any SLA damages.
- cPanel Issues – if you choose to run cPanel and Web Host Manager on your Dedicated Server, Virtual Private Server the default install will be configured for automatic updates of cPanel-related software. On occasion, one of these automatic updates could adversely affect all or part of the cPanel-related software on your server. Hivium will do whatever is necessary to fix any cPanel-related problems, but cannot guarantee a resolution time.
Network SLA Remedy – For all Services
In the event that Hivium does not meet this SLA, Dedicated Hosting, Virtual Private Server, and cPanel Hosting clients will become eligible to request compensation for downtime reported by service monitoring logs. If Hivium is or is not directly responsible for causing the downtime, the customer will receive a credit for 10 times (1,000%) the actual amount of downtime. This means that if your server is unreachable for 1 hour (beyond the 0.0% allowed), you will receive 10 hours of credit.
All requests for compensation must be received within 5 business days of the incident in question. The amount of compensation may not exceed the customer’s monthly recurring charge. This SLA does not apply for any month that the customer has been in breach of Hivium’s Terms of Service or if the account is in default of payment.
Response Time SLA’s – For all Services
Hivium’s fully-managed and core-managed customers are covered by initial response time guarantees:
- Help Desk Initial Response Time Guarantee (6 Hours)
The Help Desk Initial Response Time Guarantee (6 Hours) – For all Services
That means that when you submit a trouble ticket via our help desk system you are guaranteed a response from a support technician within six hours. If Hivium fails to respond within six hours, you will be credited 2 times the amount of time exceeding our SLA commitment. That means that if your ticket goes 1 hour past our stated initial response time guarantee, your account will receive a 2-hour hosting credit.
All requests for compensation must be received within 5 business days of the incident in question. The amount of compensation may not exceed the customer’s monthly recurring charge. This SLA does not apply for any month that the customer has been in breach of Hivium’s Terms of Service or if the account is in default of payment. Duplication of SLA compensation is not allowed. Only one SLA credit may be given per incident.
Hivium utilizes some third-party services to provide responses to customers. These include, but are not limited to, our Live Chat system. If a third party system’s failure prevents Hivium from honoring the Response Time SLA requirements the SLA event will be ineligible for compensation.