Updated 12th April 2019
Below are our Terms of Service, which outline a lot of legal goodies, but the bottom line is it’s our aim to always take care of both you, and us on our platform.
By visiting and/or taking any action on Hivium, you confirm that you are in agreement with and bound by the terms outlined below. These terms apply to the website, emails, or any other communication.
“We”/”Us”/”Our”/”Hivium” means Hivium Hosting of 201, Mango Nest Commercial, S. Road, Pune, Maharashtra, India and/or any of its subsidiaries and/or affiliates involved in providing the Services.
“You”/”Your”/”Yourself”/”User” means the user of the Website and/or customer of the Services.
“Services” means any services offered by Hivium on its Website including but not limited to cloud application deployment, management, and infrastructure management – commonly referred to as Managed Service.
These terms of service (the Terms) relate to your use of the Services provided by Hivium under the domain name hivium.com (‘the Website’) and customers.hivium.com.
We have the right to revise and amend these Terms and/or the Services from time to time to reflect changes in market conditions affecting our business, changes in technology, changes in payment methods, changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements and changes in our system’s capabilities or for any other reason in our sole discretion which we may decide. Your continued access to or use of the Website and/or the Services constitutes your acceptance of any such change and/or amendment.
IN USING THE WEBSITE AND/OR THE SERVICES, YOU AGREE AS FOLLOWS,
2. You may not use the Services and may not accept the Terms if:
a) You are not of legal age to form a binding contract between yourself and Hivium, or
b) You are a person barred from receiving the Services under the laws of the Republic of India or other countries including the country in which you are resident or from which you use / will use the Services. Hivium provides valued added service via various third-party cloud providers and applications. As a client of Hivium you agree to uphold the license/user agreements of any such cloud providers and application providers to the extent it applies to your use of any services offered by Hivium Please also read any cloud services and applications license agreements as may be applicable. As a user of Hivium services, you agree to uphold the terms of any such cloud services and applications license agreement to whatever extent they apply to your usage of cloud services, applications and/or Services.
PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THAT SOME OF THE CONTENT THAT WE MAKE AVAILABLE TO YOU THROUGH HIVIUM SERVICES MAY ORIGINATE FROM THIRD PARTY CLOUD SERVICES AND APPLICATIONS. ALL SUCH THIRD PARTY CONTENT IS PROVIDED TO YOU “AS IS.” AND YOUR USE THEREOF MAY BE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AND/OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME BEYOND THE CONTROL OF HIVIUM. HIVIUM, SHALL UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WHATSOEVER ACCEPT LIABILITY RESULTING FROM YOUR USE OF ANY SUCH THIRD PARTY SERVICES AND/OR CONTENT.
1. You must provide accurate and complete registration information any time you register to use any of the Services. You are responsible for the security of your passwords and for any use of your account. If you become aware of any unauthorized use of your password or of your account, you agree to notify Hivium immediately. Accordingly, you agree that you will be solely responsible for all activities which occur under your account.
2. You agree to use the application only for purposes that are permitted by (a) the Terms and (b) any applicable law, regulation or generally accepted practices or guidelines in the relevant jurisdictions (including any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from India or other relevant countries).
3. You may neither share nor re-sell your Hivium account to any third parties.
4. Unless you have been specifically permitted to do so in a separate agreement with Hivium, you agree that you will not reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, trade or resell the Services for any purpose.
5. You agree not to engage in any activity that interferes with or disrupts the Services (or the servers and networks which are connected to the Services).
6. Any license to use any third-party applications is granted directly from the original provider of the third-party application(s) directly to you. You agree to abide by all the terms and conditions of any such license. You will be solely responsible for paying for and obtaining the rights to any third-party applications you install and/or operate through and/or in connection with the Services, and for compliance with the applicable terms and conditions of each third-party application license.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY:
To the fullest extent permitted by law, under no circumstances and under no legal theory, whether tort (including negligence), contract, or otherwise, shall Hivium or any other contributor or supplier of Hivium, be liable to any person for any indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages of any kind including, without limitation, damages for loss of goodwill, work stoppage, interruption of the services. computer failure or malfunction, loss of data, or any and all other commercial damages or losses, even if such party shall have been informed of the possibility of such damages. You further understand and agree that while every reasonable precaution shall be undertaken by Hivium, We are not /shall not be responsible for any loss or damage incurred by you, including but not limited to loss or damage as a result of:
1. Any changes to the Services made by Hivium, or any temporary or permanent cessation in the provision of the Services (or any features within the Services),
2. The deletion of, corruption of, or failure to store, any content and other communications data maintained or transmitted by or through your use of service,
3. Interruption of services, malware (including viruses and/or Trojans) and/or other errors over which Hivium has no control,
4. Any third party services and/or content of any kind. You understand that any hyperlinks to third party websites shall be regulated by the terms and conditions of third parties and that access to/use of such third party website shall be at your own risk.
Without prejudice to the foregoing, should a court of law or another adjudicating body still find against Hivium regarding any matter relating to the Services, Hivium’s maximum liability against the claimant shall not exceed the total amount in fees which the claimant was paying/shall pay for six months of the Services in question.
Both parties (Hivium and User) agree not to disclose to any third party-confidential information of Hivium, or the User, except as may be necessary for Hivium to offer the Services. Both parties further agree that they will not use, remove, transfer, transmit, reproduce or otherwise deal with confidential information or other tangible or intangible property of either party, except for the sole purpose of performing the Services.
GENERAL LEGAL TERMS
1. Hivium may make changes to the Terms from time to time. When these changes are made, Hivium will make a new copy of the Terms available at http://www.hivium.com/terms.html. Hivium will also notify You of any substantial changes on the email address provided by You during the registration process, and give You the opportunity to terminate Your contract with Us should you not agree with these substantial changes. You understand and agree that if you use the Services after the date indicated in the said email, Hivium will treat your use as acceptance of the updated Terms.
2. If Hivium provides you with a translation of the English language version of these Terms, the English language version of these Terms will prevail over any other language version in case of any conflict.
3. Hivium is constantly striving to better its product offering and will contact the User using the email (or telephone number) provided after sign up for these and other purposes specifically relating to the Services such as: sending welcome emails, sending password reset information, notification of billing, follow-up on signup, and for other messaging needs; all the above in full compliance with Indian data protection legislation.
4. The user irrevocably agrees to accept all notices, of whatever nature, legal or otherwise, by electronic mail or another digital delivery system at the discretion of Hivium for any matter or any proceeding for which notice is required.
5. The Services may include hyperlinks to other websites, content or resources. Hivium may have no control over any web sites or resources which are provided by companies or persons other than Hivium. The User agrees to be bound exclusively by the terms and conditions of any such third party web site.
6. You acknowledge and agree that Hivium is not responsible for the availability of any such external sites or resources as described in (5.), and does not endorse any advertising, products or other materials on or available from such websites or resources.
7. You agree that if Hivium does not exercise or enforce any legal right or remedy which is contained in the Terms (or which Hivium has the benefit of under any applicable law), this will not be taken to be a formal waiver of Hivium rights and that those rights or remedies will still be available to Hivium.
8. Hivium employs industry standards technology and best practices to store and protect your Cloud and Application login information. In no case shall Hivium be held liable for any damages incurred as a result of such network or software related breach. In case of a breach Hivium will immediately notify you via email or phone call, as Hivium deems sufficient, to take necessary actions from your end.
9. If any court of law, having the jurisdiction to decide on this matter, rules that any provision of these Terms is invalid, then that provision will be removed from the Terms without affecting the rest of the Terms. The remaining provisions of the Terms will continue to be valid and enforceable.
10. Hivium may automatically back up and shut down applications and servers at various times, including without limitation, when you log out of the Service, if you do not respond to a prompt after a certain period of time, or if you explicitly request, or if Hivium detects that your application or server is malfunctioning. The data and software backed up during this process (a “Backup”) can be restored, but such restoration is not guaranteed to reproduce the exact state of the application or server at the time the Backup was created, particularly if you have used the “terminal” capability or otherwise directly accessed the Server.
11. Hivium reserves the right to modify or discontinue the features, functionality and other attributes of the Services at any time in its sole discretion. You acknowledge and agree that Hivium will not be liable to you in connection with its modification or discontinuation of the Services.
Hivium will provide support to all its customers 16 hours a day for 7 days a week. The support times will be according to IST only. The support is available from 6 AM in the morning to 10 PM in the evening on all days. For Unmanaged VPS the support is only provided for the machine and its OS. We are not responsible for configuring any services for you. We can provide a PTR entry for you on your request. We do not install any type of Control Panels in Unmanaged VPS Plans. For Fully Managed Services, we will provide Full Support for our product.
We charge prepaid. So you will pay a fixed amount and will receive the said service level for the amount as mentioned during signup. If there is any extra usage in the month, Hivium will inform you prior to billing your credit card or PayPal account. Bandwidth can be bought in 10 GB slots only and is charged as per rate mentioned on our page.
The Hivium Cloud Platform is a ‘pay as you go’ service, meaning you will only pay for the resources that you have actually used and for the time that you have actually used them (minimum time fraction for billing related purposes is one hour).
Hivium is liable to refund your unused prepaid account funds if a refund request is presented within one month of funds addition. However, the refund will not include the amount already deducted for services consumed.
Payments that you have made via our payment providers, attracts a fixed fee plus transaction charge per payment. This transaction charge, as well as the fixed fee, cannot be refunded. The remaining payment will be refunded to the buyer to his original payment method only.
If you have a problem with our service, please talk to us. PayPal Disputes will not help in any way to solve your queries or issues. If you open a PayPal Dispute, you will be liable for a fine of $50 which you will have to pay before we restore your services back to normal.